HEALTHCARE · ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE · PATIENT EXPERIENCE Years ago, at a government hospital, I heard a surgeon say about a patient who kept asking him, "She must be a teacher." He was half-joking. She turned out to be one. It became my private joke: anyone who asks that many questions must be a teacher. I didn't know I'd think of that remark again. I think of it now because the patient who asks too many questions is no longer rare. She is in my family. Perhaps you have encountered her, too. A new kind of conversation My mother, my uncles, and my aunts are not medical professionals. When an unfamiliar symptom appears, they don't know the terminology, the likely causes, or the right questions to ask. But they have found ChatGPT and Gemini, and they talk to them like buddies. A symptom prompts a question, an answer prompts another, and nobody waits. Voice input matters most. They don't have to type a carefully worded query or know the medical term. They s...
I recently started a new job where every task comes with an instruction list.
Miss one detail?
And rejections are what you get as reward points.
The problem was mathematical, and I couldn't figure it out. Working remotely made it even harder.
I then did what any rational mind does: I blamed the software, the trainers, and all.
I Googled it on my laptop.
Then I Googled it on my phone.
Then I Googled it with my feelings.
Search after search.
Tab after tab.
Still wrong.
Wow. Google has fallen.
Finally, I brought it up with an expert.
She spotted the error in seconds.
And that's when the humbling realization hit me
Google wasn’t wrong.
I was.
Turns out, sometimes the problem isn't the search engine, the system, the remote setup, or the tabs.
Sometimes the user just needs better firmware for their brain.

Comments
Post a Comment