A message to all my readers When I first began writing down my stories in this quiet space, it was nothing more than an open diary. A place to put memories that needed somewhere to rest, reflections gathered over a lifetime, and thoughts that felt too personal—or perhaps simply too ordinary—to share in conversation. Conventional wisdom often suggests that personal musings rarely accomplish much on the wider internet. There are no frameworks here, no quick advice, and no polished agendas. Just the raw textures of life as I have experienced it: the sudden turns, the quiet routines, the moments of doubt, and the steady work of beginning again. Recently, as a small corner quietly crossed 30,000 reads, I paused to look more closely at the numbers. What moved me was not just the milestone itself, but where those visits were coming from. While some readers join from home here in India, so many of you are reading from entirely different corners of the earth—from Singapore across the seas ...
Notification alerts continued one after the other and I knew it had to be my sister.
Next morning her WhatsApp did not seem so interesting. Thank God! I never got up at midnight to see these. There were images of mud, plants and potatoes. Nothing new, I put it aside without a thought and sipped my early morning tea. As I read further, scrolling down the images was her excited note on her home grown organic potatoes.
Now that was a bait I asked her "miraculous, since when have you started all this".
"While composting for my garden I had accidentally left a potato in the garbage ditch. This was my discovery just today" she answered and I could imagine her admiring those potatoes. "Great guns," I responded. The matter rested after this for a few months.
The feathers were ruffled again as she posted images of tomato, eggplants and potato plants neatly planted along the sidewalls, her today's endeavor .Thanks to our family group messaging system, ginger and turmeric too found their way up on the organic produce list as suggested by her daughter. There was consent and appreciation from all quarters in the group.
Suddenly notification alerts sounded again and this time the fruits of labor were visible too soon to be believed as more images sprang up. Capsicum, tomatoes and cabbage could be seen on the plants. Only that this time the images were from my mom's garden.
I too decided to tend to my mental garden and wrote this to enjoy the fruit of my labor with alacrity. Who says peer groups induce pressure they induce inspirations too.
Very well written. Continue your great work
ReplyDeleteI m a part of all WhatsApp posts n was inspired too! Beautifully depicted in your words!!
ReplyDeleteInteresting
ReplyDeleteEfforts always bring fruitful results. Good going. Keep it up!!
ReplyDeleteAmazing
ReplyDeleteGood going dr.sahiba. Keep it up 😉😉
ReplyDeleteAww that’s really wonderful 👏🏻
ReplyDeleteSimple things written in an interesting way. Keep it up
ReplyDeleteGood ,well written
ReplyDeleteGood . Keep it up
ReplyDeleteinteresting keep it up.
ReplyDeleteVery well worded aunty..Keep writing 👍🏻
ReplyDeleteInteresting read. Keep writing.
ReplyDelete