Skip to main content

The Intern

I searched for internships/jobs with a résumé full of intention and a quiet knowledge that the world had moved on without me.

My internship applications were carefully formatted CVs, tailored with buzzwords, and ironed of typos.

I wasn’t sure, but I walked on.

No, bustling open offices, only job portals, sleek, algorithmic spaces from the comforts of my home. Scrolling through listings that asked for entry-level interns with three years of experience. I was too much yet not enough at the same time.

Every unanswered application felt like a look that said, you don’t belong here. I refreshed my inbox, hopefully, pretending routine could substitute for reassurance.

I’m still

  • Rebuilding my skills
  • Studying how real teams interact
  • Turning feedback into small, measurable improvements

If watching the intern on Netflix is any solace, I hope to find my own, sans the drama in the movie and prove to myself that age is just a number.

Like Ben, I no longer feel I’m waiting to be useful. I bring perspective, adaptability, and a hunger to contribute that no algorithm can measure.

I’m already in the building.

I am contributing, though not on payroll. 

Comments