A message to all my readers When I first began writing down my stories in this quiet space, it was nothing more than an open diary. A place to put memories that needed somewhere to rest, reflections gathered over a lifetime, and thoughts that felt too personal—or perhaps simply too ordinary—to share in conversation. Conventional wisdom often suggests that personal musings rarely accomplish much on the wider internet. There are no frameworks here, no quick advice, and no polished agendas. Just the raw textures of life as I have experienced it: the sudden turns, the quiet routines, the moments of doubt, and the steady work of beginning again. Recently, as a small corner quietly crossed 30,000 reads, I paused to look more closely at the numbers. What moved me was not just the milestone itself, but where those visits were coming from. While some readers join from home here in India, so many of you are reading from entirely different corners of the earth—from Singapore across the seas ...
Technology
was introduced in our home by my husband when he purchased a Celeron desktop
for the children. We were all very excited about it .My sister got them a home
publishing CD by Microsoft for activity and their friends exchanged video
games. This all was moving too fast Mario, Age of Empire, Sim city and many
more games whose names I do not remember.
Gradually
they were hooked too long and summer vacations were a time when all the
indulgences were uninhibited. Once I was so annoyed that I told the children to
delete all the games right before me as sequelae to bad grades. With tears in
their eyes the games folder went to the trash. For a few days I did not see
them play only to learn they knew of the “Restore” feature which brought the
folder back in mainstream.
I now was
faced with a new dilemma of keeping them away from the screen for some time.
They outsmarted me and now it was my turn to play my cards right. I told them
we will be doing an exhibition soon of our hobby class work and they will be
drawing and painting and making crafts which we shall be showcasing to their
friends and their parents before the school reopens. Now that was too good to
be true. I found them demanding me to teach them new things they learnt paper
sculpture from me, flower making and even origami from books. By the end of the
summer vacations we had a considerable amount of collection of craft. I am
thankful to so many resource guides to create their interest in art work.
I hated it
so much to run for art supplies in the scorching heat then but now admiring their cards, painted folders,
caricatures, paper sculptures, flowers made me so proud of their achievements
And yes! I invited their friends and their mothers to see what they did.This tradition to make sketches, paint and creating art portfolio continues even today.When my younger
son went to college he won a prize for painting the adverse effects of
technology in which he had shown how the addiction consumes the very person and
preys upon it.
I often think that when I was a student myself in school it was often questioned if
I was an artist because of my long fingers but my arts teacher had a very
different opinion. Today, I really feel like an artist with perfect
understanding of what art is.
Comments
Post a Comment