A message to all my readers When I first began writing down my stories in this quiet space, it was nothing more than an open diary. A place to put memories that needed somewhere to rest, reflections gathered over a lifetime, and thoughts that felt too personal—or perhaps simply too ordinary—to share in conversation. Conventional wisdom often suggests that personal musings rarely accomplish much on the wider internet. There are no frameworks here, no quick advice, and no polished agendas. Just the raw textures of life as I have experienced it: the sudden turns, the quiet routines, the moments of doubt, and the steady work of beginning again. Recently, as a small corner quietly crossed 30,000 reads, I paused to look more closely at the numbers. What moved me was not just the milestone itself, but where those visits were coming from. While some readers join from home here in India, so many of you are reading from entirely different corners of the earth—from Singapore across the seas ...
We live in a digital world today and this digital
age provides a lot of opportunities to most of us as long as we decide to meet
it head on. My contribution to this formidable era has been quite insignificant
till a thought prompted me to take on creative writing. So writing a blog
seemed the simplest. It definitely was as long as I never got down writing it.
There was a rapid fire of ideas for the topic on which I should choose to write
on but, seriously speaking nothing concrete came on this page. A trash of can
was the real beneficiary swelling day after day with sheets of torn paper.
Nevertheless, determined as I was of dishing out a
wonderful piece, my venture undiminished by my grit, enthusiasm and passion to
be a solopreneur, I walked the lonely road ahead.
Professionally I have been a dentist (yes! I
continue to be one today too), my seniors said dentistry is “Art and Science”.
Well now I think that everything is art and science including writing this blog
stuff. If one does not like my writing (Art) one does not see it and the
alchemy of words that I use make it a lesser known science. Wow! That makes my
indulgences in a sister profession to a certain extent quite daring.
Am I looking for a new niche other than dentistry
and hiding behind this façade of blog writing. I am not sure whether I would
like it to be my profession or hobby or just a fleeting reference. Suddenly my
cellphone rings and my nursing staff inform me of a waiting patient. I close
the page and computer and gather myself to be in my clinic downstairs. One
thing is damned certain
“Love you Dentistry just as Love you Zindagi”
Seems just like a humble beginning to a series of life enriching, experience ridden pieces of texts.. 😄😄
ReplyDelete