A message to all my readers When I first began writing down my stories in this quiet space, it was nothing more than an open diary. A place to put memories that needed somewhere to rest, reflections gathered over a lifetime, and thoughts that felt too personal—or perhaps simply too ordinary—to share in conversation. Conventional wisdom often suggests that personal musings rarely accomplish much on the wider internet. There are no frameworks here, no quick advice, and no polished agendas. Just the raw textures of life as I have experienced it: the sudden turns, the quiet routines, the moments of doubt, and the steady work of beginning again. Recently, as a small corner quietly crossed 30,000 reads, I paused to look more closely at the numbers. What moved me was not just the milestone itself, but where those visits were coming from. While some readers join from home here in India, so many of you are reading from entirely different corners of the earth—from Singapore across the seas ...
The COVID-19 pandemic had brought an unexpected shift to education as schools closed their gates. The familiar hallways of the school and interactions with friends and teachers had suddenly all become virtual. Screens deemed their biggest detractors now occupied the centre stage.
The school system had adapted to a new methodology-Virtual classes. My children had moved beyond the educational system, so the rigours and chills of this system were unknown to me.
Long past the pandemic, I became a student pursuing adult education. My return to education was unexpected. Roles shifted, and I was now being home-schooled with a difference. This time, unlike my previous term decades ago, all my teachers were younger than me.
My classroom was an improvised setup of my home. The computer screen was my gateway to the lessons. I delved into my study material. How different? from the traditional ones. They were the PowerPoint slides.
There were frustrations, technical glitches, and distractions at home. Beyond it, there was learning.
My academic experiences as a homeschooler made me realise the importance of teachers. Wishing on Teacher’s Day had become a long-lost tradition to me. Today, I revive this tradition for myself and express my gratitude to all my teachers, past and present.
Thank you all for what you have done. May you have a wonderful day.
For more stories on Teacher’s Day CLICK HERE
.png)
Comments
Post a Comment